Makeup is a powerful tool that enhances your best features and makes them look more pronounced. With the
right tricks and techniques, you can instantly make your face look slimmer, well-defined and more chiselled. Here
are eight easy to follow makeup tricks to slim your face and up your glam quotient!
- Get the base right
The right foundation can work wonders for your face. Use a foundation shade that suits your skin tone. Opt for a darker shade of foundation and use it on the hollows of your cheeks to get a slimmer look.
- Conceal your dark eye circlesOther than making your face look drained, exhausted and aged, dark eye circles also add weight to your face. Get rid of them by covering them up using a good concealer. After applying the concealer, put on white eyeshadow on the inner and outer corners of your eyes to help them stand out.
- Contour to get rid of the double chinContouring works wonders for your face. Start by getting a contour cream that’s two shades darker than your natural complexion to add shadows that give a slimming effect to your face. Start just below your hairline and keep going down until you reach the middle of your eye. Apply a thin line of contour just above the arch of your eyebrow, down the sides of your nose and just under the hollows of your cheeks. Lastly, apply some contour right along and under your jawline to get a more chiselled look and make your double chin disappear. Then blend as much as possible to make the contouring look natural.
- Complement the contour with a highlighterContour works wonders when complemented with a highlighter, which emphasises the slimmer and angular parts of your face. Apply highlighter just above your cheekbones to make your cheeks look sharper. Also, dab some highlighter on the bridge of your nose and under the arch of your brows to shrink the size of your face.
- Use bronzer for a sharper lookA bronzer creates natural shadows that sculpt your face and give it more definition. Apply some bronzer along the sides of your nose to make it look thinner.Also, apply some bronzer on the hollows of your cheeks and at the bottom of your jaw to make your features look more slender and pronounced.
- Fill up your eyebrowsDefine the shape of your eyebrows and create a slight arch using an eyebrow pencil. Afterwards, fill it up using some eyebrow powder or dark eyeshadow. Make sure to keep the shape angular for the slimming effect on your face.
- Accentuate your eyesFocus on getting some dramatic, smokey eye makeup to draw attention to your eyes. Start by choosing a shimmery eyeshadow on your brow line, a slightly darker shade on the inner half of the crease and an even darker shade at the outer corner of your eye.While applying the eyeliner, do not follow the natural shape of your eye and angle it higher than usual as a winged eyeliner draws attention upward.Finish off your eye makeup by curling your eyelashes and applying a heavy mascara to add volume to your lashes and make your eyes pop.
- Plump up your lips If you have thin lips, that might make your face look more round. Use a lip liner on your lower lip to plump up your lips. Fill up your lips by choosing a shade of pink lip colour that suits your complexion. Steer away from nudes and bright shades as they make the lips look thinner.While every woman is beautiful in her own way, makeup is the art that enhances the best features every woman has. Makeup is a powerful tool that makes you feel slimmer, more confident and beautiful. Follow these techniques to miraculously transform your face and look fabulous all the time, no matter what.